remember way back in december/january when we all made our new years resolutions? I was thinking about mine the other day and I decided to check in with them to see how I been doing!
- Learn how to deal with stress in a better way- when I am faced with difficult circumstances such as a loved one passing away or a tough school load- I would like to learn how to deal with the situation in a better way instead of keeping it bottled up.
I must say that I have been doing muchhhh better with this….but always room to improve!
- Have a bit more fun this semester (which should be a bit easier since I lightened up my course load a little bit- stil wont be a walk in the park though!)
definitely can check off this one… I am having so much fun this semester- while studying hard at the same time of course
ehhh…I am doing very well in all of my classes except one! but Ive been really working hard in the class- so I guess we will see how i do on the next exam?
everyday? no. but almost everyday? yeppers.
- if I do not end up getting in a charity for the Boston Marathon- train for another race- 10 miler or half-marathon
I didnt get into a charity for the boston marathon (sigh*)…buttt ill be watching my sister run it. andddd in may I signed up for a 10 miler in philly!
- find time each day for myself- whether it is going on a run outside, writing in my diary, praying at night, just sitting in silence for a bit, or practicing yoga
i do find time for myself- but I wouldnt say each day. I do yoga alot, write in my journal (but not as much as I would like to), go running, pray at night etc. but not everyday. Id like to start doing yoga every morning (even if it’s just 20 minutes)… definitely a good way to relax before starting the day!
how broad is this one? haha I think I am a good person (or I hope) and I feel like no one will never truly achieve this one– there is always room for improvement. but I try to be the best person I can be everyday so I guess I am doing well on this eh?
- wear real clothes…AKA not workout clothes everyday
okay this one is hard for me. my new roommates are very into fashion so that does help. but every so often I cannot resist the urge to wear my running shoes, running shorts/yoga pants/etc. and then people ask me…”are you going to the gym?” no..just to class. haha. but I will say that I get dressed for class about 3 days a week? sometimes 2. much better than last year. but maybe i should step it up a notch haha
- work on my cooking skills!!!!!
this is another thing that is ongoing…I know a lot about cooking now but still have tonsss to learn.
- While I would normally put…FIND SOMEONE (as in a guy haha) I honestly dont care about this anymore! Over christmas my mommom (grandmom) told me to find someone who loves me more than I love him and someone that would die for me. haha…those are some pretty tough standards I must say. But I think she is right in a way! Anyway… I feel like I do not need to worry about finding anyone at this point. Why not just have fun with people and be myself? I mean I would love to find someone obviously…who doesnt? But where is the fire people!? Eventually I will find someone…but for now Im just going to be myself and have some fun, okay? okay.
doing very well with this….holla! Throughout this school year I have become much more comfortable with “me”. Made some mistakes, sure…. but I dont regret mistakes I make in life (for the most part anyway)…just gives you something to learn from for the next time. anyways…hopefully things will work out one day but I am going to just enjoy life right now!!!
- never lose sight of how lucky I am. Sometimes I take what I have for granted. I have an awesome life, a great family, amazing parents and two awesome sisters (plus two pups ). Sometimes its easy to overlook the gifts you have in your life. and you honestly never know when these things will be gone forever.
well i do realize how lucky I am. but sometimes when I fight with my parents/sisters I feel like I am being selfish and being disrespectful and that maybe I should step back and realize how stupid the argument is and instead realize that they are the people that i love the most in this world and that I Should not be fighting with them. but I guess we all fight with loved ones? I dunno.. hmmm…
- be more careful with my moola!
I hands down suck at this! someone help me…I am broke!!
- become a good golfer…okay maybe a decent golfer…orrr just a good enough that I can finish 18 (or close to it) holes with my daddio haha
I wont be able to work on this one until the summer. anddd I am now an official member at a golf resort near my house- since my dad is a member so am I. so hopefully this summer Ill be able to get out there and work on my “Game” haha (or lack there of
well there you have it!
how are you doing with your new years resolutions???
Read Full Post »