This is Bobby Flay’s recipe. I use the same recipe except for the dressing…i dont use as much vinaigrette to dress the salad.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cooked chick peas
- 1/2 cup cooked red beans
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup fried blue corn tortillas, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Toss all salad ingredients together in a medium bowl. Mix together the vinegar and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and serve.