when the weather outside looks like this…
what sounds better than nice warm, hearty bowl of White chicken Chili? haha… I had to alter the recipe slightly due to the minimal supplies that my local grocery store had (due to the snow storm).
makes 6 servings
- 1 pound of ground chicken (I used the Perdue pre-cooked Chicken slices and chopped them into small chunks…this cut the prep time and it still tasted awesome!)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- couple cloves of garlic- chopped
- 3 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 2 cans (15 oz) of cannellini beans- drained and rinsed
- 1 can of chopped green chilies (4.5 oz)
- 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
Saute onion and garlic and little bit of EVOO over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in all remaining ingredients, except cheese. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is tender.Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted.