Today was the first time I ever cooked with shrimp!! mark it down in your calendars haha….I never used to like shrimp very much but recently I have found a love for it….anyway… I was perusing around the blog world and saw Matt’sRecipe for Shrimp, Broccoli Rabe, and Feta….and so I decided to make my own version of this dish
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- shrimp (I used frozen- I purchased it in bulk from whole foods)
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar (didnt have red in the apartment so I used white instead)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (dont use too much! a little goes a long way!)
- crumbled feta cheese
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, which will only be a minute or two. Transfer the shimp and any juices to a plate; cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add chopped garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant but not brown, about 30 seconds. Add broccoli and cook, stirring often, until bright green and just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are beginning to break down, 2 to 4 minutes. Return the shrimp and juices to the pan, add feta cheese and stir to combine. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
I really enjoyed this dish!! I thought the the red pepper flakes were a nice a touch. and I liked how the feta melted into the juices….gave it a great flavor. I will definitely be making this again! Matt make garlic bread to go along with this meal…I think next time I will try that out