This recipe is from VeggieGirl!
She is famous for her blondies and makes tons of varieties, including pretzel-peanut butter (which I will try out next!) They came out AMAZING. They are honestly so so good, nice and moist. and very addicting!
• 1 C plain or vanilla yogurt- I used plain FF Stony Field
• 1/8 cup canola oil
• 1/2 cup organic turbinado sugar
• 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
• 2 teaspoons molasses
• 1/2 C whole wheat flour and 3/4 C Flour
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• little bit less than 1 cup slivered almonds (you can buy them this way)
• 10 dried black mission figs, finely chopped
• Nondairy “milk” of choice, added to the batter as needed – I used original Almond milk by Almond Breeze
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly coat an 8″x8″ baking pan with nonstick cooking spray (i actually used a silicone baking pan! worked great- no spraying needed).In a large bowl, add in the “yogurt,” canola oil, turbinado sugar, vanilla extract, and molasses. Mix well.In the same bowl, add in the flour, baking soda, sliced/slivered almonds, and chopped dried figs. As the mixture starts to thicken up/combine, add as much nondairy “milk” as you need (but not too much) so that the batter is mixable.
Pour mixture into the 8″x8″ baking pan (coated generously with nonstick cooking spray).
Bake for about 32-35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the blondies comes out clean.
Makes 16 blondies.