Whole Wheat Penne with Sweet Potatoes and Ricotta Cheese!!!! I saw this on Meg’s (Be Fit. Be full.) blog and it looked amazing so I got the ingredients to make it when I went to Whole Foods this past weekend! (I believe she got this recipe from Cooking Light Magazine)
- 6 oz spaghetti
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small sweet potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 shallots, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (I used dried)
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/8 cup ricotta
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the potatoes, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Add the shallots and rosemary and cook until the potatoes are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the potato mixture, Parmesan, and the reserved cooking water. Dollop with the ricotta before serving.
and the verdict is….. great!! oh man the smell of the evoo, rosemary, and shallots while cooking was AMAZING. this dish is really really tasty/fun/different/quick to make/etc.