HOLA! Today I am off of work due to the race at night so my mom and I went to our favorite breakfast spot in town- Hannah G’s cafe. I ordered a Egg White omelet with spinach, tomato, and broccoli with a side of multigrain toast and a cup of fruit salad. I totally meant to take a picture of this and about half way through shoveling the food into my mouth i realized that I completely forgot. WOOPS. it was really good though. that place never lets me down 🙂
I am taking it easy today- which means no soaking up the sun on the beach for me. that will just drain energy right out of me- and i need that for the run tonight! I havent ran this in two years because last year I had a stress fracture which put me out of running all summer! I do this run for fun but at the same time, I would like to see how well I can do. I am nervous for it because I havent run 10 miles since the last time I ran this race! I have ran 8 miles this summer about 3x? but that is it. Hence, my nervousness. either way, it will be enjoyable! and they always have bins and bins bananas and oranges and arizona iced tea and water and i forget what else- after the race. and we are going out to dinner after the race, too! (geez ive been going out a lot this week!) so the thought of going out to dinner will get me through the race! 🙂
Erik @ VeganFritz awarded me with this bad boy:
he awarded me with this with the reasoning that “I have cool people on craigslist that want to stalk me” . so if you didnt have a reason to read my blog before, now you do people, now you do. haha
but thank you Erik ;)- you are very very sweet! The bestowal comes with the following set of rules:
1) To brag about it.
- skipping this one. i dont like to brag haha but okay fine fine i will.. I AM AWESOME. READ MY BLOG.
2) Bequeath it to seven more brilliant bloggers and link to their blogs. So here y’all go, I bestow the following with the ‘Honest Scrap’ award:
- Angharad @ Eating for England: for being straight up awesome and nice and taking the best pictures of her food. and having an awesome english accent (or so I imagine anyway!) oh and for creating a giveaway which allowed me to win the first thing i have ever won!
- Holly @ The Healthy Everythingtarian: for being the spunky, fun, and cute gal that she is and for always commenting on my blog 🙂
- Beth @ Shut up and Run!: for making me laugh with every single post that she writes and for being the kick-ass mom and runner that she is!
- Chris @ Chris G Photo for being the best young photographer I have ever seen.
- Taylor @ Taydor Tott for being a down to earth girl and for reading every book that i have read/want to read!
- Alison @ mamaweeds: for having the most creative posts, being an awesome mom, introducing me to overnight oats, and for being a studly runner
- Saleblan @ Running to slow things down: for having one of my favorite blogs to read and for having such a great “view on food” and obviously some good eats too
- Emily @ Too Much Apple Pie : for being a great runner and for being herself through and through
- Mary @ …Food & Fun: for being my sister and a great role model and inspiration in my life . she has helped me become who i am not only in terms of running/eating/etc but also in terms of me, myself, and I!
- okay I cheated- I did nine instead of seven!
3) List ten honest things about myself
- I have curly hair and I hate it- and so I always straighten it or pull it back. i sometimes go through phases where ill start to wear it curly but then i realize i just dont like the way i do it and revert back to straightening. maybe one day ill learn to love my hair or at least be able to tame it. haha
- I used to be (and by used to I am talking about like 2 months ago?) afraid that I will never ever meet the ONE (dun dun dun) but this summer has been awesome in the fact that I now feel no pressure and am enjoying single life much more than ever before because I know things will eventually work themselves out!
- I am comfortable with who i am inside and out. I usually beat to my own drum. do what i want, what i love, etc without worrying about what others think of me.
- I am fun and laid back, for the most part.
- I love biking and running and yoga- without these three things i would be sort of completely lost.
- i LOVE icecream. favorite flavor= coffee
- I love being with my family
- I wish I had more patience sometimes.
- I am addicted to SPF. yes- spf as in sunscreen.
- im stealing CardioVEGsular’s one and agreeing that i also have a fascination with blood and enjoy donating it and getting it drawn. good thing i want to be a physician’s assistant righto?!
Have a good day!!! hope you all are enjoying the beautiful weekend 😉